Friday

Walking the Plank - Day 1

As promised, I am blogging my journal from my stay at Fitness Ridge in St. George, Utah.

I'm nervous, yet excited. I hope I can lose 30 pounds in one week; just kidding (though it would be nice).

I woke up at 3:09 a.m. in order to catch my flight to Las Vegas. From Vegas I hopped a shuttle to St. George, about 2 hours away. I now get to say I've been in Arizona too. Highway 15 crosses over a little corner of Arizona before it continues on into Utah. So I've been in 4 states in one day: Washington, Nevada, Arizona, and Utah.

I sat next to a lady who lives in Australia. She was probably in her early 60's. Her story was pretty fascinating. She is from the U.S., but when visiting Australia on vacation, she met and fell in love with her husband and stayed on. Wow! That's love at first sight. She was on her way to visit a friend who was retired in St. George.

The Fitness Ridge facility is brand new, tidy and neat; though not large. They keep the number of guests down so that there is a good staff/guest ratio. We actually have one of the larger "classes" that they've had with a total of 32 guests. There are only 40 rooms and most folks opt to double up, though I paid extra for my own room. The decor is very nice; "organic" as the designers on TV would say, with natural woods, stucco, natural fibers and metals making up the furniture and adorning the walls. So far the staff is very friendly and I get the impression that most of them are related or close enough friends that they almost could be related.

After a light dinner of salad, vegetable pasta and a pumpkin souffle we had an orientation so we would know how it all works for the week. Following that I had a pedicure and manicure.

I hope to sleep hard tonight because it sounds like tomorrow is going to be a VERY full day staring at 7:00 a.m.

I hope I live.

No comments: