Wednesday

Rear View Mirror

Hindsight is really something. We've all had the the old "woulda, coulda, shoulda" mantra that parades through our heads after significant life events hit us. A dear friend of mine passed away last week. I am so very glad to have formed a stronger bond of friendship with her in the last four years, starting with a trip to Italy in 2004. The following years included numerous dinners and evenings out talking of travels, kids, God, and just continuing to get to know each other better still. They were precious times getting to know her and love her dearly. Then BAM! Life cuts those times short. I wish I could've spent more time getting to know her even better. I could have made the time to try to get together with her more often, in fact, I should have; "woulda, coulda, shoulda" at its finest.

However...

She has now been birthed into new life, the real life. Her life on this earth was just a pre-cursor to a life with the Lord and away from the corrupt world here below. She is certainly not troubled by her body, or anything else for that matter, any longer.

So, I'm thinking the "woulda, shoulda, coulda" is really all about us who remain. Is it guilt? She certainly isn't feeling it, only we are. Hmmm....

Have fun Tina. I know I'll see you later and we can continue on where we left off!

No comments: