I'm a geek and a gadget queen. I love cool software, fast computers, programs where you can change the skins, phones, cameras, xBox consoles, iPod's, camcorders, personal video players, special roasted coffee, neat containers, foods, and more. I love finding the newest, latest and greatest of everything, gadgets, food, toys, designers, all of it. Now, I can't usually afford to get everything, but it sure is fun researching. Hey, I could find a new toy! Here are a few really cool things I've found of late:
1. Software to create itineraries and travel guides that you can access from anywhere (I had this idea a few years ago and did nothing with it - I could've been rich!): www.tripit.com.
2. R2D2 Trash Can (Ricky, you'll like this)
3. Tea - picked by Monkeys! The website says that monks trained the monkeys to pick the tea off of trees that were too high for mere mortals to reach.
4. Shooting cubicle alarm system. This cool gadget will protect your space from unwanted intruders. It spots the intruder, sounds an alarm and then fires off two foam missiles at the offender. Cool. Now you can either keep your stuff safe from cubicle candy/food roamers. Or, maybe it is as simple as setting these puppies up as an early warning device that notifies you and others of an approaching boss; which leads us to another solution for wandering bosses or co-workers...
5. The Executive Marshmellow Shooter. The description states that the shooter dazzles with a "high-tech, chrome-like finish" and that it "can lay down a withering barrage of mini marshmallows in seconds." Shoots up to 30 feet. Need I say more?
6. Hilariously disgusting way to store your valuables in plain sight, called the Brief Safe. The website states: "The “Brief Safe” is an innovative diversion safe that can secure your cash, documents, and other small valuables from inquisitive eyes and thieving hands, both at home and when you’re traveling. Items can be hidden right under their noses with these specially-designed briefs which contain a fly-accessed 4″ x 10″ secret compartment with VelcroÂ® closure and “special markings” on the lower rear portion.
"Leave the “Brief Safe” in plain view in your laundry basket or washing machine at home, or in your suitcase in a hotel room — even the most hardened burglar or most curious snoop will “skid” to a screeching halt as soon as they see them — wouldn’t you?"
7. THE Swiss Army Knife to end all army knives. You can see a picture of this above. This 8-inch bad boy weighs in at a very practical 2 pounds, 11 ounces. Oh, and there are 85 tools to choose from! Did I mention that it costs $1200? I think the only thing missing is the kitchen sink?
8. I know by Blackberry keyboard is too small to be able to shoot out emails quickly, so I found just the thing: Keyboard pants. Yes, that's right, your pants can double as a keyboard. Built into these duds is a keyboard, knee speakers, mouse slot and a joystick built into the crotch. Though I would suspect that if you wore these, the whole world would know you're a geek.
In the words of a very famous song, "these are a few of my favorite things." But stay tuned, I'll find more!!!