Wednesday

Grocery Stores Trying to Manage Inflation

grocerycart

I ran across an interesting article in the Seattle Times today where the CEO of SuperValu, the company which operates Albertsons, Jewel-Osco, Acme and other chains, says, “"This is going to be a challenging year going forward to manage inflation," Supervalu CEO Craig Herkert told analysts Tuesday. "It's just a fact and we believe these inflationary measures are going to impact consumers."

I’m glad I’ve started to stock up when there are sales.  My sister and I are also getting into clipping coupons.  There are a lot of savings to be had out there if you carefully watch for sales and then add in coupons.  I was amazed that at her last trip to the store, she came home with Health Choice Steamers that she got for only $1 each.  She also ended up getting jars of roasted almonds for free!  Now, that’s shopping smart!

Image: Suat Eman / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

No comments: